Creamy Broccoli, Rice and Cheddar Soup
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Total time: 50 min
Make a delicious, hearty soup for your family with our great Creamy Broccoli, Rice and Cheddar Soup recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Broccoli au Gratin Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a tasty treat that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Creamy Broccoli, Rice and Cheddar Soup recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Broccoli au Gratin Rice
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
2-1/4 cups water
One 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
2 cups milk
1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed and finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, sauté onion and garlic in butter or margarine until tender.
- Add water and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Stir in rice and contents of seasoning packet.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat; add milk to rice mixture, stir to combine.
- Transfer half of rice mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Return puree mixture to contents of Dutch oven; add broccoli and cook over medium-low heat stirring frequently 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender (do not boil).
- Add cheese, stir until cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 18% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 43% Daily
- 31% Daily
- 6% Daily