- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Total time: 50 min
Make a lighter version of this internationally inspired main meal for your family with our great Vegetable Paella recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Spanish Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Vegetable Paella recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Spanish Rice
1 cup onion, chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
One 16 oz. can peeled whole tomatoes, drained and broken-up
1-1/2 cups water
1/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 teaspoon oregano
3/4 teaspoon basil
1 whole bay leaf
1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1-1/2 cups red bell pepper, chopped
1-1/2 cups zucchini, chopped
One 14 oz. can black beans, drained
Two 6 oz. jars artichoke hearts
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in oil until soft.
- Add tomatoes, water, wine, oregano, basil, bay leaf, cayenne pepper and turmeric; bring to a boil.
- Add rice and contents of seasoning packet.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Add bell pepper and zucchini to skillet; cover and simmer 10 more minutes.
- Stir in beans, artichoke hearts and peas; heat through.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 67% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 184% Daily
- 14% Daily
- 29% Daily