Shrimp & Rice with Orange and Mint
- Serves: 5
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Total time: 45 min
Make a scrumptious main meal for your family with our great Shrimp and Rice with Orange and Mint recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Shrimp and Rice with Orange and Mint recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sliced scallions
1 Tablespoon orange zest
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup orange juice
3/4 lb. raw, peeled, deveined shrimp
1/4 cup half & half
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet sauté ginger, garlic, scallions and orange zest in butter until fragrant.
- Add water, orange juice, rice and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes more or until liquid is absorbed and shrimp is cooked.
- Stir in half & half, mint, parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 20% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 36% Daily
- 10% Daily
- 7% Daily