Mexicali Chicken & Rice Skillet
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Total time: 50 min
Make a yummy, internationally inspired main meal for your family with our great Mexicali Chicken and Rice Skillet recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Roasted Chicken Flavor Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal with a fiesta of flavor that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Mexicali Chicken and Rice Skillet recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Roasted Chicken Flavor Rice
3/4 lb. sliced, boneless, skinless chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
1-1/4 cups water
One 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
One 4.5 oz. can diced green chilies
2 teaspoons chili seasoning
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided
1-1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown chicken and onion in butter or margarine.
- Add water, tomatoes, corn, chilies, chili seasoning, rice and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in sour cream and 2 Tablespoons cilantro.
- Top with cheese, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Before serving, top with remaining 2 Tablespoons cilantro.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 23% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 25% Daily
- 26% Daily
- 7% Daily