- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total time: 1 hr 25 min
Make a mouthwatering, internationally inspired main meal for your family with our great Empanadas recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Mexican Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal with a fiesta of flavor that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Empanadas recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Mexican Rice
1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1-3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
One 4 oz. can diced green chilies, drained
1/4 cup minced cilantro or parsley
2 refrigerated fold out pie crusts
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 egg beaten with 2 Tablespoons water
Bottled salsa (optional)
Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In large skillet, brown ground beef; drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes and scallions and sauté briefly.
- Add water, bring to a boil. Stir in rice and contents of seasoning packet.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in olives, corn, chilies and cilantro or parsley.
- Unfold pie crusts on baking sheet. Place half of rice mixture on half of each pie crust.
- Top each with 1/2 cup cheese. Fold over and crimp or seal edges well. Prick top with fork and brush with egg wash.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each empanada in half and serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 24% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 36% Daily
- 27% Daily
- 24% Daily