Coconut Curry Chicken Rice
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Total time: 55 min
Make a mouthwatering, exotic main meal for your family with our great Coconut Curry Chicken Rice recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Roasted Chicken Flavor Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Coconut Curry Chicken Rice recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Roasted Chicken Flavor Rice
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
One 13.5 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons curry powder
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup peas, frozen
- In medium saucepan, heat butter or margarine and oil over medium heat. Add chicken, cook until brown. Remove chicken from pan with slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add to saucepan, onion, red bell pepper, ginger and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add coconut milk, water, curry powder, lemon juice, peas, rice and contents of seasoning packet. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low boil, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, uncover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 33% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 54% Daily
- 8% Daily
- 31% Daily