Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Total time: 45 min
Make a mouthwatering, internationally inspired main meal for your family with our great Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Long Grain & Wild Rice Herb & Butter, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 4 oz. package Farmhouse® Long Grain & Wild Rice Herb & Butter
4 boneless chicken breasts, halved
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 cup water
1/3 cup "dry" white wine
4 slices ham (about 2 oz.)
4 slices Swiss cheese
1 Tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in butter or margarine. Remove from pan; set aside.
- In the same pan, combine hot water and wine and bring to a boil.
- Add contents of rice and seasoning packet.
- Reduce heat, top rice mixture with browned chicken breasts layering ham slices on top. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Top chicken with cheese slices. Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer until liquid is absorbed and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 9% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 2% Daily
- 21% Daily
- 4% Daily