Creole Shrimp and Sausage with Shells
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Total time: 40 min
Make a Southern inspired, traditional main meal favorite for your family with our great Creole Shrimp and Sausage with Shells recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® White Cheddar Pasta, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Creole Shrimp and Sausage with Shells recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6.2 oz. package Farmhouse® White Cheddar Pasta
1 cup onion, chopped
3/4 cup celery, chopped
1/2 pound smoked sausage, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
One 16 oz. can peeled whole tomatoes, broken-up
1 cup water
2/3 cup milk
1-1/2 teaspoons thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 whole bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- In a large skillet, sauté onions, celery, smoked sausage and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes, water, milk, thyme, paprika, oregano, bay leaf, black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, pasta and contents of seasoning packet; bring just to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 10-14 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
- Stir in parsley and lemon juice.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 23% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 32% Daily
- 22% Daily
- 21% Daily