Wild Rice Apricot Stuffing in Roasted Chicken
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 2 hrs 5 min
- Total time: 2 hrs 20 min
Make a yummy, traditional stuffing favorite for your family with our great Wild Rice Apricot Stuffing in Roasted Chicken recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Long Grain & Wild Rice Traditional Herbs & Seasonings, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a tasty treat that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Wild Rice Apricot Stuffing in Roasted Chicken recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 4 oz. package Farmhouse® Long Grain & Wild Rice Traditional Herbs & Seasonings
1 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1-1/3 cups water
1 cup apricot preserves, divided
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
Salt and pepper to taste
One 3 to 3-1/2 lb. whole chicken, cleaned
- In medium saucepan, sauté onions and garlic in butter or margarine until tender. Add water, bring to boil. Add rice and contents of seasoning packet.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until moisture is absorbed. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, combine 2/3 cup apricot preserves, pecans, egg, parsley, sage, salt and pepper. Add cooked rice mixture. Stir to combine.
- Place stuffing in cleaned chicken. Secure ends with toothpicks or skewers.
- Place on rack in preheated oven. Roast 1 hour and 15 minutes. Brush chicken with remaining apricot preserves and return to oven for 15 minutes or until juice runs clear when chicken is pricked with fork.
Note: Double recipe to stuff a 12 lb. turkey. (See turkey package directions for temperature and roasting times.)
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 27% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 23% Daily
- 9% Daily
- 25% Daily