- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Total time: 50 min
Make a mouthwatering, New Orleans inspired main meal for your family with our great Shrimp Creole recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Shrimp Creole recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
One 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
1-3/4 cups water
1 lb. medium cleaned and deveined shrimp or a firm white fish cut into 1-inch cubes (such as cod or butter fish)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 Tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- In a large sauce pan, sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic in vegetable oil until tender.
- Add tomatoes, paprika, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne pepper. Stir and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in rice and contents of seasoning packet; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp (or fish) and continue to simmer 5 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and shrimp is cooked. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 30% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 69% Daily
- 13% Daily
- 10% Daily