Greek Chicken & Rice
- Serves: 5
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Total time: 50 min
Make a mouthwatering, internationally inspired main meal for your family with our great Greek Chicken and Rice recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Greek Chicken and Rice recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf
1/2 cup diced scallions
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken, diced
2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
One 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dry dill
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In large skillet, sauté scallions, red pepper, lemon rind and garlic in butter.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add water, cumin, rice and contents of seasoning packet; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add spinach and continue to cook 5-10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in dill, parsley and lemon juice.
- Before serving, top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 157% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 55% Daily
- 16% Daily
- 14% Daily