Spicy Sausage and Rice Stuffing in Roasted Turkey
- Serves: 8
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 3 hrs 35 min
- Total time: 3 hrs 55 min
Make a zesty, internationally inspired stuffing for your family with our great Spicy Sausage Rice Stuffing in Roasted Turkey recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Spanish Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a tasty treat that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Spicy Sausage Rice Stuffing in Roasted Turkey recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Spanish Rice
1-1/2 cups water
One 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon oregano
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
12 oz. hot smoked sausage, diced
1/2 cup corn, thawed if frozen or drained if canned
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
12 lb. turkey, cleaned
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium sauce pan, add water, tomatoes, oregano, rice and contents of seasoning packet. Over medium heat, bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to low boil, cover, and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, in medium skillet over medium heat, add butter, onion, celery, red bell pepper and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, corn, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix to combine.
- Mix in egg.
- Place stuffing in cleaned turkey. Secure ends with toothpicks or skewers. Place on rack in baking pan.
- Place stuffed turkey in preheated oven and bake for three hours or until juices run clear when pricked with a fork.
Note: If preferred, stuffing can be baked separately in covered baking dish for 25 minutes at 350°.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 23% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 40% Daily
- 11% Daily
- 8% Daily