- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Total time: 55 min
Make a delicious, hearty soup or main meal for your family with our great Shrimp Gumbo recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Spanish Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a tasty treat that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Shrimp Gumbo recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Spanish Rice
1 cup chopped onion
3/4 cup sliced celery
3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1/2 lb. sliced smoked sausage
One 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
One 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
3/4 cup water
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
1 cup frozen sliced okra or zucchini
1/2 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
1/3 cup minced parsley
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce or to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
- In large Dutch oven, sauté onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in oil until softened.
- Add sausage and sauté 5 minutes longer.
- Add undrained tomatoes, chicken broth, water and thyme; bring to boil.
- Add rice, contents of seasoning packet and frozen okra or zucchini.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Stir in parsley and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 23% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 59% Daily
- 10% Daily
- 10% Daily