Mexican Rice and Beef Tortilla Stack
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cook time: 50 min
- Total time: 1 hr 0 min
Make a yummy, internationally inspired main meal for your family with our great Mexican Rice and Beef Tortilla Stack recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Mexican Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal with a fiesta of flavor that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Mexican Rice and Beef Tortilla Stack recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Mexican Rice
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
1-1/2 cups water
One 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
3 cups grated cheddar and Monterey jack cheese mix
Three 12" flour tortillas
Sour cream and sliced avocado for garnish
- In medium skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add ground beef and brown; drain excess grease.
- Add water, diced tomatoes, rice and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low-boil, cover and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- On baking sheet, place first tortilla. Put 1/3 of rice mixture on tortilla and spread to 1/2" of edge. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, rice mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven. Cut into quarters and serve with sour cream and avocado garnish.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 93% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 125% Daily
- 85% Daily
- 40% Daily