Chicken, Spinach & Wild Rice Skillet
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 35 min
- Total time: 50 min
Make a scrumptious main meal for your family with our great Chicken, Spinach and Wild Rice Skillet recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Long Grain & Wild Rice Herb & Butter, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Chicken, Spinach and Wild Rice Skillet recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 4 oz. package Farmhouse® Long Grain & Wild Rice Herb & Butter
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
3/4 lb. sliced, boneless, skinless chicken
1-1/3 cups water
One 10 oz. package frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic in butter or margarine until golden.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add water, rice and contents of seasoning packet; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add spinach and almonds; cook 5 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 171% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 14% Daily
- 16% Daily
- 17% Daily