Spicy Orange Chicken & Rice
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Total time: 45 min
Make a zesty main meal for your family with our great Spicy Orange Chicken and Rice recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Roasted Chicken Flavor Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Spicy Orange Chicken and Rice recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Roasted Chicken Flavor Rice
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
2 Tablespoons orange zest, minced
1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tablespoons soy sauce, divided
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup scallions, sliced
1-1/4 cups water
1/2 cup orange juice
3 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon wine vinegar
1/2 cup red bell pepper, julienne sliced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- In large bowl, combine chicken, orange zest, ginger, garlic, 1 Tablespoon soy sauce and red pepper; set aside for 5 minutes.
- In large skillet, stir-fry chicken mixture in hot oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add scallions and stir fry a few minutes longer. Add water, orange juice, remaining 3 Tablespoons soy sauce, honey and vinegar; bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and contents of seasoning packet. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and cook 5 minutes longer or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cilantro leaves. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with chopped peanuts.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 29% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 84% Daily
- 8% Daily
- 13% Daily