Pork Chops Stuffed with Almond, Orange & Cranberry Rice and Orange-Gorgonzola Sauce
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 1 hr 5 min
- Total time: 1 hr 25 min
Make a hearty main meal for your family with our great Pork Chops Stuffed with Orange and Almond Rice and an Orange Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a great tasting meal that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Pork Chops Stuffed with Orange and Almond Rice and an Orange Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Rice Pilaf
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 Tablespoons slivered almonds
3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
6 boneless, center-cut pork chops, at least 3/4" thick
Orange-Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce:
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup orange juice
3 Tablespoons milk
2 Tablespoons flour
1 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- In medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add almonds, cranberries and rice and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add orange juice, buttermilk, oregano and contents of seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low boil, cover, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, preheat oven to 375° and grease a 9” x 13” baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Make a small slit in the side of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff pork chop with rice mixture. Use a toothpick to hold the stuffing in. Place pork chop in prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes until done.
- About 10 minutes before pork chops are done, use a medium saucepan to heat beef broth and orange juice to a boil.
- Combine milk and flour together in a small bowl. Add to beef-orange juice mixture and stir until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Place stuffed pork chops on platter and pour sauce over top or serve on the side.
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 19% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 56% Daily
- 26% Daily
- 9% Daily