Mexican Rice, Black Bean and Corn Fritter
- Serves: 6
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Total time: 1 hr 0 min
Make a mouthwatering, internationally inspired appetizer for your family with our great Mexican Rice, Black Bean and Corn Fritter recipe. Using premium quality Farmhouse® Mexican Rice, and the other ingredients listed below, you can make a tasty treat with a fiesta of flavor that the whole family will love.
Our recipes use Farmhouse® products which are made to the highest standards, and other good, honest ingredients, so you know that you will be feeding your family something truly delicious! And, our Mexican Rice, Black Bean and Corn Fritter recipe is easy to make, so you can take the stress and hassle out of mealtime.
One 6 oz. package Farmhouse® Mexican Rice
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cups water
One 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup corn (drain if canned; cook and drain if frozen)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
2 cups vegetable oil
Sour cream, salsa and guacamole for garnish
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add water, rice and contents of seasoning packet and bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to low boil, cover, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat, uncover, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add black beans, corn, sour cream, cheddar cheese and egg to cooled rice. Mix together well.
- Form rice mixture into 12 patties. Roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet to 350°. Add rice patties and cook until brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with garnish of sour cream, salsa and guacamole
- Total Calories
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- 13% Daily
- Vitamin C
- 13% Daily
- 25% Daily
- 16% Daily